Thursday, January 28, 2010

Library Loot - January 27 - February 2

* * *
This is my second participation of the library loot hosted by Marg of Reading Adventures Blog and co-hosted by Eve of Striped Armchair who is currently taking a blogging break, which I also originally found through Christine's post on her blog. Library loot as I have been introduced is a weekly event encouraging bloggers to share the books they've checked out from the library. For me this "Loot" thing was an encouragement at first then it became a sudden transformation of greediness and exhaustion. Who wouldn't be so amazed when your library is like a glittering treasure - all waiting for you to grab them all in one?

So you go into the mystery section, finds one book you think you were looking for, you move on behind you and bam! another book you think you might like to read. Then you stay away from mystery section walk toward the rest of the overflowing fiction aisles and your head starts screaming with all the selections right in front of your very own eyes. When you think you had enough of load with both hands, you say "Let me have a quick look at YA section before I check out". And you know what happens next? Viola! YA novels starts grabbing your sleeves and pulling you apart. Finally, exhausted you check out all the loads and you get this weird look by the counter like you can hear her buzzing "greedy" or "selfish" or "gee yow must have been a book-deprived little gurl". Then you go back to your car and remembers you have the entire list of book to borrow and none of those are in your bag. Such a bummer isn't it?

Okey, I didn't really get too much books but it felt like it.

The fact that I still have two untouched books I borrowed about two weeks ago by J.D. Robb (Ceremony in Death and Vengeance in Death), I was inconsiderate enough by adding few more into my limited reading time. So what did I get?


* * * [<>] * * *



I may not participate on the next library loot and will definitely not show up at my library until I finish all these. Let see how I survive within the next few days. SIGH...

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Nise. Good is good...God is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 thumbs up for Dear John and WAKE! picked up 2 books yesterday as well... Uglies by Scott Westerfeld and If i stay by Gayle Forman..

    ReplyDelete
  3. My my...I am definitely pressured! I might as well not sleep and just read all night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am so far behind on my blog reading I didn't even know that Eva was taking a blogging break! Whoops!

    Enjoy your loot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some good loot, Natalie...I like Nora Roberts and Sue Grafton. Haven't read any Meg Cabot...I should try her some time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laurel, I loved Nora Roberts but not sure yet with Sue Grafton. I am a new reader and still need to get used to her writing style.

    ReplyDelete