Monday, January 11, 2010

In Death Series Reading Challenge (My Book List)


To keep a running list of all the "In Death" books I have read where I can update easily, I am dedicating this page with an intention of updating the list as I read the series.

JANUARY

1.NAKEND IN DEATH
2. 
GLORY IN DEATH
3.
IMMORTAL IN DEATH
4.
RAPTURE IN DEATH

 FEBRUARY
5. CEREMONY IN DEATH
6. VENGEANCE IN DEATH

MARCH
7. HOLIDAY IN DEATH

APRIL
8. CONSPIRACY IN DEATH
9. LOYALTY IN DEATH
10. NEXT...
* * *

I came across a blog the other day of Christine posting a reading challenge of the "In Death" series by J.D. Robb, a pen name used by Nora Roberts . The challenge is to read one "In Death" series book per month starting January 2010 and ending when you're caught up with the series. Raising an eyebrow, I told myself I would never be able to keep up sooner than others and that would mean several years for me in order to read all 35 books. That's right, up to this date there are 35 books I have to read and blog at the same time (as an option ofcourse). Is Christine making the impossible possible? Strange that last night while going through my book collections I discovered a copy of "Naked in Death" in paperback right behind my Perl textbook. It spoke to me in hypnotizing voice I could hardly resist not to listen - read it! read it! I can't remember when I first bought the novel but I assure you I haven't read it yet. So much for coincidence eh - I decided to take on Christine's challenge and created my own blog in a heart beat. I brushed the thought of pity in my zero experience on book blogging and a weakness in English as a second language. Yes I am still determined to embark on a journey that not only will satisfy my curiosity but will also keep me from doing nothing if I don't count my engineering job to nothingness.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Natalie!
    I'm so glad you came across my challenge and decided to join in! AND that it inspired you to create a blog, no less! I'm so impressed with your spontaneity.

    I hope you like Naked in Death and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. If you find out it's not your thing and you don't want to continue with the series, no worries. I commend you for giving it a try. But I do hope you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Christine for dropping by. Naked in Death is my first J.D. Robb book experience but I have known Norah Roberts for awhile now with her latest Bride Quartet series "Bed of Roses" although I started it first then went to her "Vision in White", then started her "Lovers & Dreamers" trilogy.

    I am still positive I can go on with a second "In Death" book after finishing the first one last night. Whew...either "Naked in Death" is brilliant or that Roberts is a God! OR maybe both...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely think her "In Death" books border on brilliant. I mean... they have to be to still be so popular at 30something full length novels, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to that! There is a secret ingredient on her recipe. It's too early for me to say this but I think I know that secret.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the world of blogging!! And what better way to start than with the In Death books. I know it can be a bit intimidating to start at one with so many to read, but it's amazing how quickly you will get through them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kristie. Right now this whole new experience is overwhelming but addicting in its own way. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete