Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Library Loot 2010-01


This is my first contribution post to the Library Loot hosted by Marg of Reading Adventures Blog and co-hosted by Eve of Striped Armchair I recently found through Christine's post on her blog. Library Loot according to Marg and Eve and the rest of the participating bloggers is a weekly event that encourages bloggers to share the books they've checked out from the library. Literally it's the right time and place where you can brag about anything and everything you've got. Kidding...

There’s always a first for everything right? Well today is my first time going to my local library and borrowing books I would usually buy from Barnes and Noble. Yup, I am a huge B&N junkie who happens to enjoy the luxury of reading brand new books in different form and shape- I can still smell that fresh paper product that newly ironed book cover all gleefully dancing in front of me while sitting right between fiction aisles with one hand grasping a cup of Starbucks’ white chocolate mocha. So today with a doubt I would accomplish anything, I tip toed into the library and heard a welcoming voice of a middle aged woman prepared to embrace my presence. The place was utterly quite I felt out of place. After a brief but friendly introduction I was guided towards the novel section where my eyes grow bigger in amusement. Have I known the grace of God is just around the corner I would have not wasted my time driving to B&N in all these years. That realization forced me to lean on the wall before my dizziness goes downhill. Okey okey, I might have overreacted a bit but I think getting all the next five books in the “In Death” series after the “Naked in Death” is a full proof of a panic mood attack. And they are all free!



You should see my face now getting all excited and embarrassed (red) at the same time…

8 comments:

  1. I had to laugh! I have not been visiting the library for quite awhile, now, hence my large TBR stacks. I am addicted to books, you see.

    But after I discovered Library Loot, I returned. And then got hooked on that experience again! It took me back to my very first library visit at the age of 8. I can still smell that library!

    So now I'm hoping to find a balance between library books and my TBRs.

    My Loot:

    http://laurelrainsnow.wordpress.com/2010/01/14/library-loot/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining in the Library Loot fun! :) And isn't it WONDERFUL when you realise you can get all these books for *free*? I think the library is a truly magical place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Library Loot!

    I used to only buy my books new, but I got to the point where I couldn't really afford my reading habit, and then, I found the library. These days, the library is my first point of call, except for a few libraries.

    Every now and again I get lucky and get a never been read before book, so still managed to get that new book smell without the new book price tag!

    And yay for reading the In Death books! Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurel,Eva, and Marg thanks for dropping by.

    Hi Laurel - I'm really behind and naive with Library stuff. It's a funny reality to find out there's no limit in how many books to borrow.

    Marg and Eva - thank you for your Loot, it encourages me to give this Library thing a try. And honestly, it was worth it! I just recently found your blogs and have been reading your posts. Reviews are very helpful and one day I know I'll get my hands on those books and I'll get that piece of joy you all once had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie, this is the cutest Library Loot post I ever read. And not just because you mention me. ;) Seriously, though, I like your sense of humor and I can totally relate to your B&N vs. Library thoughts. I used to buy just about ALL of my books at the bookstore. Partly because my library doesn't carry much romance (only a few of the very popular authors who publish in hardcover) and partly because I simply loved owning books. So in the past, I didn't spend too much time searching my library for the books I was interested in reading. Then last year I started to borrow a lot of my YA books from the library as almost all of those are released in hardcover. Then I stumbled upon a handful of romances that interested me, then mysteries and fantasy books. Now I always search my library and a few neighboring libraries for the books I want first. If I can't find them after an honest effort, then I head to the bookstore. This method saves me money, supports my community library and gives me another place to browse for books! If only my library had a Starbucks inside .... :o)

    Happy reading, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As an addicted library goer, welcome to the stacks! ;o) I love, love the In Death series and glad you got them. I am up to date on reading and have begun to listen from the beginning. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess what Christine, there's a Dunkin Donuts close to my local Library. I guess my issue of not having Starbucks at the Library has now been eliminated. My new trick is to stop by and get a cup of coffee and then head straight to the library. Thanks for the blog visit as usual.

    Nise thanks again. I am reading your blog as we speak and noticed that you had Naked in Death in audio? Is it better than reading the book? I am curious as I haven't tried.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Dunkin Donuts close by your library definitely works! There's one not too far from mine, too. We shouldn't be surprised by that living in NJ, though, right? It feels like there's at least one DD per square mile around here. LOL.

    ReplyDelete