Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I am a fan of J.D. Robb and I am loyal

Every time I put down a book from the In Death series by J.D. Robb I smile and then sigh, whispering the repetitive words – I always blog about, “This is my favorite thus far…” Just like how I felt after finishing the Conspiracy in Death. I sound like a broken record now, do I?


However, after reading the Loyalty in Death I was speechless and did not waste time – I reread the entire novel once again. Crazy indeed but I tell you my friends it was worth it – every time I absorb the words, chapters by chapters, the more I get to know the characters of the story and the more I fell in love with their lives and their struggles to find justice as well as to find the love for each other.

I started laughing about the intense sparks between McNabb and Peabody getting intimate at the elevator but couldn't get enough with each other. The brushing of their shoulders, the getting lost from reality after a passionate kiss – oh how much I enjoyed every minute of it reading about this couple. It was refreshing for once to see them express each other’s “heat of the moment” kind of feeling.

Then my heart leapt for joy the moment Eve handed the flowers to Roarke (sort of trying to make up for a previous fight she’d started). This part the author have shown how Eve learned so much from marrying Roarke, she’d finally learned to show her emotions by expressing herself with such small but surprising gestures.

Then I cried.

How can you not cry knowing Eve from the beginning as a stubborn and cold blooded person because of her past, suddenly was transformed into a person with words that could sweep your feet away? When Eve told Roarke how much he meant to her I was moved, not just by her words, but also because of the honesty of the author poured into this writing.

“…You're the best thing that ever happens to me. In my life you're what matters most. I love you so much it scares me. And I guess if I had a choice about it I wouldn't change it...”

And then to wrap it up, J.D. Robb delivers the best ending I could ever have from this series with Roarke and Eve fighting against time while loving each other to their last breath. During the count down...when Eve said the magic words "I love you Roarke" my heart melted and I pictured them together facing death, Eve in Roarke's blood, full of love and passion. And if I may add, the golden words of the sacrament of marriage echo into my ears -- "'till death do us part".

I love every minute I spent with this series. Thank God for such brilliant mind of J.D. Robb. Thank God for having the heart to feel the love over and over and over again.

And hey…it was a happy ending, okay.

Now I rest…

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this series as well. I'm further than you are in this series and let me tell you that the books get better and better. I loved this book as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you are just plugging along with this series and loving it! That's just wonderful... I'm hoping to hit my stride soon. Maybe after I finish with this 4th book, Rapture in Death. Didn't read your review because I'm keeping away from spoilers, but I read the beginning and the end, lol! It's great to know I have some great books ahead of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Samantha,
    I just couldn't resist not reading anything from Robb. I worry that once it's all over I'm going to go crazy. I knew it was over the top spending too much time with these books but it just make me feel good reading it. Thanks for stopping by.

    Hilcia dear,
    Wait until you get to Conspiracy in Death and then this Loyal in Death -- you'll definitely going to love Eve and Roarke even more. And Peabody too.

    I have to find a way to keep my head away from this series just for a week. I'm thinking of going back to the vamps or the dragons stories for now...will see how long will I survive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am re-living these earlier books right along with you and loving it. If I did not have to sleep, I would get back to listening to the series on audio books. I just got Fantasy In Death, but it's a few books down on the stack! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nise I will always be jealous that you've already read through all her In Death Series. I can't wait for that time to come, so I can re-visit them again. LOL. J.D. better come up with a new mystery soon,,,,or else...I don't know what I'm going to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're still loving the series (as am I). I got my mojo back and read 3 (am in the middle of the 4th) this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lori, I had a great time reading each of the books. And my most favorite part with the entire experience is that the story gets better and better in every book I read...isn't that fab?

    And wow, you're almost completed 4 books in one month by Robb. I'm happy for you gurl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you get ahead of me in this series?! I thought we were at the same book? LOL.

    I'm glad you are enjoying this series so much, Natalie! I started to read your review and read a tiny spoiler--one that I was hopeful about anyway, so it's not THAT much of a spoiler-- so skipped to the end. This one will be my May read. I'm looking forward to it!

    Right now I'm reading Lover Avenged-- book 7 in the BDB series. Which book are you up to right now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi C, sorry about teh spoiler part. Next time I'll put a warning sign. ;-)

    On the BDB series, I was stuck at #4 Lover Revealed. I wasn't sure how good Butch can be around the vampire, then comes my Shana Abe readings and NR and J.D. Robb, I find it difficult to continue with LR. But I'm sure one of these times I'd be able to come back again to the world of vampires.

    ReplyDelete