Thursday, April 8, 2010

Eve Dallas is making me crazy!

Tell me this is crazy – while reading Nora Robert’s newsletter tonight reminding her readers about “Savor the moment” the third book in the Bride Quartet to be released on April 27, I was thinking of Eve Dallas talking to me in her detective, firm yet respectable voice from the In Death Series, also by NR writing as J.D. Robb. I am becoming too attached with Eve, already confusing her with Nora – God help me!


How can I make myself come back into the Bride Quartet when all I keep thinking is the “Conspiracy in Death” I just read? Conspiracy is now my favorite novel of all time! I loved that book so much I had the urge of starting the next book in the series – “Loyalty in Death” ura mismo! Eve’s suspenseful career plus the Eve and Roarke romance are all swirling in my head I think I just lost the interest in reading other romance novels. I needed to stay sane so I paid Barnes and Noble a visit as I decided to pick up random books without ever knowing those two novels – Dark Deceptions by Dee Davis and What the Lady Wants by Jennifer Crusie. What have I done?

I am definitely going crazy, too much of Eve Dallas in my head…

7 comments:

  1. I am attached to Eve too! You will like Jennifer Crusie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Eve, too, and it is so easy and enjoyable to have her voice in your head so to speak. She's so intelligent and compassionate. I am THRILLED to hear that Conspiracy In Death is your current favorite novel of all time now. I am doubly looking forward to reading it now. Oh man I have a lot of reading to do this month!

    I think you'll be okay slipping back into the Bride Quartet because the writing style between the series is so different. Give yourself a few days and the voices in your head will settle down.

    I pick up random books sometimes... and am often surprised by how good they are and then think, "Why isn't everyone talking about this one?" You'll have to let us know what you think of your newest reads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. April 27th! I love that series, can't wait for it.

    It's been a while since I picked up an In Death, might move the next one closer to the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read all the In Death books and it's one of my favorite series. I also can't wait for Laurel and Del's story. Really looking forward to their book in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, that's how the series was for me. The In Death books are the only books where I was able to read more than 10 books before I had to take a break. If I remember correctly, it was up to book 17 or thereabouts that I gave myself a break and read another author!

    Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Conspiracy in Death is my top book as well. I've read that book umpteen times... it's so fantastic. I'm glad you loved it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nise,
    Yes I like JC. I just borrowed from the Library another one her novels: Strange Bedpersons.

    Christine,
    You've got to start Conspiracy in Death now...I'm sure you're going to love it -- promise! So far my random pick for JC paid off. I had fun with it.

    Lisa,
    How are you? I will be in BN at April 27 -- that's for sure.

    Tabitha,
    10 books? wow...I'm getting there soon. I love love love In Death Series, not just because of the good writing but because of the lovable,unforgetable characters.

    Mariana,
    umpteen times? hmmm...I got it as audiobook. Now I'm thinking of listening it again. Tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow it is! LOL.

    ReplyDelete