Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday 56: Strange Bedpersons

I found this meme from Laurel's blog hosted by Tonya at Storytime with Tonya and Friends and figured I'd give this meme a try.

Rules:

* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

FOR TODAY's SELECTION I thought of Jennifer Cruise's novel Strange Bedpersons I just finished reading last night. And since it was still in my bed stand I thought of sharing a part of this wonderfully written story of Romance between completely opposite characters -- Tess and Nick. So here's my Friday 56 for this week:

What he needed was a cross between Christine and Tess.
      He thought about being married to Tess and grinned. Of course, she'd have to get different clothes, and he'd have to get his housekeeper to come everyday to pick up after her, and she'd have to learn to shut up when it was politically necessary, but she'd also be around all the time, laughing, warming his life, warming his bed... 


Hmmm...if I haven't read this yet, it would be kind of a mystery to me with the hero thinking about two different women in his life. But as I recall, Christine is Nick's secretary which could be his potential wife if she'd only develop some expression, she could easily be upgraded from a secretary to a wife. But of course she'd have to be a Morticia Addams without enthusiasm -- remember Morticia? -- the fictional matriarch of "The Addams Family". Then there's Tess the obviously herione of the story but was also the opposite person for Nick in both belief and outlook in life. She is a democrat and he's a republican -- go figure -- the fire burning between them is overflowing!

This novel was definitely a fast read and the dialogues are funny, sexy, and entertaining.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this one sounds good! I've read several Crusie novels, but not this one yet. It's going on my list!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read one Crusie novel so far, but I think it's got the same tone to this one with the funny, sexy and entertaining dialogue that moves the story quickly. I think I have this one, don't I? LOL! Someday I'll get to all of my books... someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine, Crusie has a very convincing voice, I think (I feel that) you'll continue to like her other books. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete