Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Christmas in July

On my way to work this morning I listened to the Jim Kerr and Rock & Roll Morning Show of the Rock Radio Station Q104.3, when after brief discussions about the blistering heat these past few days and agonizing today’s High 98 degrees F with around 50% Humidity, A “Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!”Song by Andy Williams was played on air, just like a perfect air conditioning turned into its high cool temperature – Oh Christmas in July was all I could think of at that moment.


Seriously, these past few days were unbelievably crazy. Last Monday I decided to stay at B&N store since its cooler there while enjoying the endless selections of magazines I wanted to read. About thirty minutes savoring my Starbucks cafĂ© latte, the entire store went dark and quiet – there was a power outage – eeek and bleh! An hour later the store decided to close and I was thrown out back on the road where all the traffic lights were off. Last night my AC refused to function properly, where it was supposedly its job to make me feel happy and comfortable, its job is to blow cold air as long as I needed it and not warm air for Christ sake!

My internal system just isn’t what it used to be anymore, where I grew up in a poor tropical place, always hot, always humid, no winter season, no snow and with little access to the wonders of air conditioning, and the good part was I survived with no questions asked. Once I upgraded into a life filled with opportunities and luxuries (okay not really that luxurious but quiet better than before) I couldn’t take the heat, I couldn’t stay quiet for a few minutes without complaining, I couldn’t live the life of the past.

I don’t even like snow, but right now I’ll take any ice and ice and more ice and just relax, just to get away from the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment