Friday, December 7, 2012

Day 0: Back with a goal


I used to wear petite clothes and size 0 pants. I've tried with size 2 jeans and had to use a belt. I was never comfortable wearing belts. I hated the feeling of a belt wrapped around my waist. I was malnourished in front of my coworkers. Embarrassed and concerned, I made sure to eat plenty of foods. Twelve years later I gained about 35 lbs. and had to switch to larger sizes of clothing.  I became addicted to Starbucks drinks and junk foods and sweets and everything else available for me to eat. The mirror and photos of me were my enemies. I struggled to avoid the temptations many times and failed. Then my friend asked me to be the maid of honor of her wedding this coming January. Maid of honor. Less than 2-months from now. Maid-of-honor wearing God knows what. Yey!

The Goal: I came back to the Blogosphere with a goal in mind and that is to lose at least ten lbs. for the next 30 days and blog about it.

The Plan: Starting tomorrow I plan to control the foods I eat. It will not be a serious diet following serious instructions, but more toward building self-control and setting priorities to start a healthy and a better life.

The Back-up: Nothing

3 comments:

  1. You're back! Yay! I think I'll join you, although maybe not blog about it... I will keep a journal of what I'm eating and how much of it. Hopefully I can lose some weight before the new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mariana, yes I'm back. It's been awhile for sure of goofing off. ;-) I'm glad you'll join me and hope together we can achieve our goals, considering the coming holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see you posting. Sorry you are struggling with a healthy weight. I am determined to lose my last 25 lbs. in 2013. I am tired of "needing to lose weight" ALWAYS on my mind. It's been haunting me for almost two decades. So awful to live like this... although a lot better now that it was before 2010 when I was 30 lbs. heavier than now. But still.. 25 more lbs.!!!! LEt's do ThiS!

    ReplyDelete