Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday 56: Night Shift from the Night Tales Collection

I found this meme from Laurel's blog last month hosted by Tonya at Storytime with Tonya and Friends and figured I'd give this meme a second try.


Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

HAPPY FRIDAY!
 
Early this week I started reading the first Novel (NIGHT SHIFT) from the Night Tales novel collection by Nora Roberts and literally on page 690 pouring over the 4th novel of the collection (Night Smoke). Following our Friday 56 rules, I turned to page 56 on NIGHT SHIFT and located the fifth sentence. My eyes flickered in awestruck reading this...

Angry humiliation rippled through her. Cursing him,she dragged his mouth to hers and poured herself into the kiss.

I'll leave the rest for you to find out...
 
NIGHT SHIFT is an intriguing story about Cilla O'Roarke as the voice of the night hours during her deejay shift. A stalker forces her to share her evenings with devastatingly handsome police detective Boyd Fletcher. I personally like this story not just because I enjoyed the romance between the h/h, but because of the page turner suspense our dear author applies into the story. The plot with a twist of mystery mixed with passionate scenes presents an element of an ideal novel to read.
 
I think I'm in for a real treat ending the day with the last few chapters of Night Smoke. And then by sundown I'll be heading a mysterious journey starting with THIS MAGIC MOMENT, still by my fav Nora Roberts.

4 comments:

  1. hmmm, not my kind of book but definitely intriguing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I haven't read this one...sounds intriguing.

    Here's mine:

    http://laurelrainsnow.wordpress.com/2010/05/14/the-friday-56-3/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed NR's Night stories, Natalie. That's a great sentence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tonya,
    It wasn't my kind of story too since I wasn't comfortable with suspense and some intimacy. But after several novels of NR, I realized that it was her characters that made her novels intriguing and more appealing as if I was there in the story.

    Laurel,
    I enjoyed this book and I would recommed it to any romantic readers. ;-)

    Hilcia,
    I enjoyed it too as always. One thing for sure is that it was because of you that I started reading some of NR's series -- this was after you reviewed NR's Three Sister's Island Trilogy. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of these and I think I'd look one from my library very soon.

    ReplyDelete